Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Update April 10 2013

Dear Friends and Family,

I've been home from Oasis of Hope Hospital for one week, now.  It is taking awhile to get into a routine of things and finding what works.  I started the chemotherapy and home treatments Sunday.  The chemo I can take at home as it is in a pill form and is also low dose.  So far the treatment has caused some discomfort, due to inflammation.  I decided to add the b-17 supplement to my regimen a little early, as it is a good pain reliever.  I slept well last night as a result!  David said I was snoring, so that is a good sign! The diet I am on is very low glycemic index foods,  so every now and then I get dizzy or faint from low blood sugar.  I am learning to manage that by making sure I eat on a regular schedule and include plenty of good fats and proteins.  Since both of those side effects mean bad news for the tumor, I don't complain!

It is wonderful to be home and with the children again.  They surprised me with the gift of an i-pod when I got home.  Now, I can listen to hymns and inspirational music any where I go. It's great!  They have also been taking turns walking with me.  Exercise is an important part of my home treatment plan.  It increases the oxygen in the blood and tumors hate oxygen!  So, though I'm not moving very fast yet, I am walking a little more every day as my strength returns and my muscles heal from the surgery.  I long to feel 'normal' again.  I know it will be awhile but I do want a miracle!  Today, would be nice!  I want my tumors to disappear!!!!

I praise God for His many blessings to me.  I am blessed to have a lot of help at home.  Some of my friends don't have that help.  If you know anyone with the gift of helps, who lives in or near Rochester, NY, let me know.  My dear Sabbath keeping friends need someone to help them with the food preparation part of the home treatment.  Also, keep my friends Liz and David in special prayer.  They are still undergoing surgeries to correct the effects of a perforated colon.  Thank you for your prayers on my behalf as well.  I am feeling better every day!

Nathan set me up with a blog brendasjourneyofhope.blogspot.com He posted all my updates on there.  Now that the instructions on how to use it are in English, I will learn how to post to the blog!  My Spanish is a bit rusty.

Take care and many prayers,

Brenda

1 comment:

  1. Snore 'til your heart's content cutie pie....you've earned it!! Great to hear from you and great job on the blog. I can't figure out how you find the time. I hope this note finds you happy, healthy and adjusting well to life in the real world....and, of course, spreading tumor humor all around the lovely state of Washington and beyond. I'm doing quite well here in RI (and Cindy too). I'm looking into starting a food co-op in my town to help defray some of my food costs. Paul and I grow our own food in the summer but the season can be short. Well, perhaps we will cross paths at Oasis again?? I'll be arriving 5/1 and leaving 5/7. If not, I know where to find you. Hello to David. Enjoy your new ipod....such a thoughtful gift. Music is "green juice" for the soul. Many good wishes and positive energies coming your way. Cindy sends her love also. Peace, Carol Campbell

    ReplyDelete