Sunday, March 31, 2013

Update March 30th 2013

Dear Family and Friends,

Thank you for your prayers.  I had a rough morning with cramping, but no IV's!  The doctor prescribed walking.  We walked about two hours in the morning and came back for lunch. 

Oscar, the volunteer activity driver, was busy figuring out how many people wanted to go to Rosarita.  Nobody had signed up yet, so Liz took to serious recruiting.  Soon she had more people then one van could hold.  Oscar recommended they could sit on laps!  It's easy to fit twenty people in an eight passenger van!  Then, he started trying to hurry them along with their lunch because he was supposed to leave at one and they were still eating!  We all started accusing him of being an American disguised as a Mexican!  This is Mexico and we have all learned about Mexican time!!!  To keep from totally blowing his cover, his parting shot was "Be at the van by 1:15 or I'll wait for you!" 

We didn't go with them.  We took another walk around town and back down to the beach.  David walked, I felt like the Tigger that lost his bounces, I shuffled.  The beach swarmed with people due to the holiday.  Venders, with carts of mango and coconuts and other popular snacks weaved their way through the crowd.  Lots of little children flew kites, played catch, and dashed through the shallow waves.  One kid made a sand sculpture mermaid.  He did a pretty good job, too. 

As soon as we got back from our afternoon walk, Edgar and Salvador, two nurses, insisted I needed one more IV catheter for antibiotics and stomach protector. My veins are very difficult to find, especially since most of them run and hide when they see the nurses coming and the rest of them are trying to recover from ill usage.  They took two tries, and got it started in the crook of my right arm.  Handy!!! The antibiotic only took thirty minutes this time, but I had to wait till eight to get the stomach protector.  The cramps returned and my arm ached, so I skipped supper.  Four hours of pain later, I got the stomach protector and I begged some pain medicine!  Then they took the catheter out!!!  Life is good again! 

We continue the neutraceuticals, supplements at high dosages, and start the low dose chemo therapy when we get home.  I hope the cramping goes away soon!  The doctor said one week more.  I'm praying he's over estimating!!!.  The walking does help, though!

Looking forward to being home Monday!

Love,

Brenda

1 comment:

  1. Brenda!
    Just found your blog! How cool! Thanks for the updates... I'm praying that things will m-o-v-e smoothly from here on out.... (take that any way you want to!)
    Lots of love and even more prayers!!
    Irene

    ReplyDelete